Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blog Post 9

Once again I was not wide awake and just mildly interested about attending class on Monday. Sadly I’m still getting over a cold and rest is something I desperately need… Monday’s class literally gave us all a different perspective because we sat facing the window rather than the front of the class. The sunlight was reflecting garishly on the Fine Arts building, causing me to squint for quite some time, but I will admit that I had a very different perspective that day.
Jimmy advised us to go down later during the day to view the undergraduate art show and I was ecstatic that I actually had some time to view the artwork. So far the undergraduate art show has not disappointed me. I am always fascinated to see what my peers are doing and attending the show is a great source of inspiration for me. I was also surprised to see something I did in the show. Never in a million years would I have thought something of mine will be displayed in the Fine Arts Gallery.
Later in class, we discussed games, the basic elements of a game, and what our favorite game is. The first part of the discussion dealt with Monopoly and it was such a coincidence that I watched a hilarious movie trailer about Monopoly on Sunday. I never really liked Monopoly and I would always get frustrated when I would play that board game. One would think the computer version of Monopoly would be easier, but no—I swear the computer cheats! I spent a great deal of my life stressing over that game, and I definitely would not like to relive those days.
After, we went over our collected images of the Seven Deadly Sins and I was surprised at how simple some of the images were. I tried linking and connecting things together (i.e. wrath, anger, “feel my wrath,” fights, war, revenge, bombing of Pearl Harbor) where as some people found images that were really concise. I do think that if I spent more time on the project I would have found some better images, but that’s the price I pay for being lazy.
I’m going to try and be rid of procrastination. I am fed up with my laziness and am going to accomplish things on time without reverting to my old ways. Join my fight against procrastination and together we can get things done! (Starting tomorrow…)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, old habits really do die hard! Procrastination is my worst habit, ever. I literally have post-it's everywhere reminding me to do things. But, sadly.. I still fall captive. I join you in fighting procrastination!

    I was never a big fan of Monopoly either becasue I always lost all my money, and playing with older brothers who cheat isn't fun when your 6, haha!

    ReplyDelete