Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog Post 7

Monday’s class really took a lot out of me and drained me completely. Maybe I was more tired than usual because of the fact that it was a Monday, but in either case, I was exhausted. Perhaps getting up just 15 minutes earlier and making some coffee in the morning will be a good thing? I would much rather fancy 15 more minutes in bed than getting up to make some coffee, however, particularly because I don’t drink coffee on a daily basis…
Our morning started off with the entire class rearranging ourselves by birthdays. Although I had a feeling that we all did a good job with organizing ourselves by birthdays, I felt as if I lacked confidence in agreeing with others when asked if we were in the right order. I think I need to trust others a little bit more and break out of my comfort zone to take chances and make mistakes since, after all, mistakes are magnificent life lessons. Uncertainty is caused by a lack of knowledge and hesitation is the product of fear.
After rearranging ourselves, we promptly moved on to the exercise of the class which was working with a small group of people to create a story with found objects. Although I found this project to be kind of difficult, I was actually surprised as to what kind of ideas my group came up with and how other groups told and presented their story. I feel that presentation is everything and one can say a bunch of nonsense if he/she speaks extremely well to captivate his/her audience together.
After storytelling, we went over our homework assignment and it wasn’t until after I viewed everyone else’s work I realized I went completely off topic and started finding pictures that described my short phrase, not really changing its meaning. Probably listening to instructions and analyzing its meaning before actually executing a task will be the best thing to do from now on. It was common sense, but I took it to a whole other field (thank you, procrastination). 
I personally think that my enemy right now is procrastination. I’m trying to succumb from its evil ways, but I have had no such luck so far. Any suggestions about how to avoid procrastination is greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly I wish there were a cure for procrastination.

    As for a suggestion on how to help:
    -get a planner
    -make a HW folder check it every night
    -Put a reminder on your phone with a really annoying alarm.

    Ha.

    ReplyDelete