This section of reading was, as the title states, inspirational. I learned more about the world of design and the thought process that should be taken into consideration when brainstorming new ideas. Although some of the techniques mentioned in the beginning of the reading are techniques I have overlooked before, reading about it in further detail brought out a different perspective. It’s as if one watched a movie and discovered new things the second time around. My advice to you, the reader, is to always try things more than once!
Reading about these techniques I have learned about before made me think differently. “What if I were to change the area at which I work? What if I do not set up time for me to discover new ideas? What if…” The possibilities are endless. I find it amazing how with creative thinking, and by doing something a little differently, can make us think outside of the box and get us out of using tunnel vision.
Yeohlee Teng’s perspective about the design/fashion industry was very insightful and made me want to get out some paper and jot down ideas. Everyone thinks differently, but her perspective could have provided just a little bit more advice about how we should brainstorm ideas and elaborate more on her method of designing. All in all, it was still a very nice perspective, and I did benefit from it.
Once again, I have heard numerous times about the exercises towards the end of the reading, but I never really understand them until after reading this section. Everything can be a source of inspiration and we should not judge the thought process of certain designers. Everyone thinks differently and if the end product of a design looks nice, don’t question the awkwardness of a designer’s thought process. Learning new things is a process of endurance and experience. The more experience one gains, the better prepared they are for future tasks. As I said before, determination is important and having plenty of it will only make one stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment