Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog Post 2

Although I was not expecting to learn much on the second day, I actually learned quite a bit. The material covered jumped from how a webpage works to seeing things in a different perspective. I am still getting the hang of understanding concept development, but I am excited to learn more about the field and soon apply the things that I learn to daily practices.
Before going any further, what defines concept development? I see it as a process of analysis—a way of generating ideas for a project. Analytical perception is a key role in leading a successful career. Asking open minded questions and never restricting ourselves leaves us endless possibilities. Relating this topic to class on Wednesday, we asked ourselves numerous “what if” questions and everyone made me think in a different way. It connected me with how others think and how I am very limited by restricting myself to my own individual analysis of topics.
At the end of class, I kept asking myself “what if” questions because of curiosity. What if we could travel back in time? What if we could fly? What if I didn’t take this class? The importance of the exercise finally hit me. Critical analysis leads us to a world of endless possibilities which in return allows us to develop amazing designs. Thinking outside of the box is crucial for success.
Having a different perspective on things exudes strong, powerful messages. Towards the end of the class, we viewed images that gave powerful messages. The images made me realize every message can be perceived in a different way, but it takes critical analysis to pin point the accurate portrayal of the message. The exercises we have been doing in this class have been very helpful so far and I believe they are benefitting me in my process of concept development.
Yes, I am still having second thoughts about this class, but at this point I am going to force myself to enjoy every moment of it since its benefits outweigh the cost. As Lance Armstrong once said, “Pain is temporary; quitting is forever.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment