I am trying as hard as I can to appreciate the material I am learning from this class, and trying to get into the work as well, but I think I need more practice. I have learned a lot in the past few classes and the things I learned will be useful material for me in the future. We primarily covered perspective in the early portion of the class and it brought forth some interesting facts that should not be overlooked.
Everyone has an interesting perspective. As designers, we should be able to use our life experiences as source material. Everything we do goes into a mixture of thoughts, subconscious mind, conscience, and we are in charge of everything. We should focus ourselves and concentrate on how we do things rather than finding things to do. Success is defined differently among people, but a contribution from oneself is necessary.
The in-class exercise that involved everyone was very interesting and it made me realize that effective communication is extremely important. If one’s voice is not heard, a good idea or contribution may derail the success of a project, or the project may suffer because it lacks a different perspective. Participation is necessary, and the only way to get better with communication is to practice.
Even though I did not attend the guest speaker event on Friday, I did learn a few things from my classmates, most importantly, we learned six points that will make us better designers. First off, we must tell our clients what they need, meaning we should tell our clients why something works as opposed to them saying why they dislike our choice in style for something due to personal preference. Next, we must make our own work since clients are looking for our piece of mind in our work as well as originality.
We must do a lot with little, shut up and listen, and make things better. As designers we must learn to effectively communicate our designs to a wide spread audience. In doing so, we must listen for constructive criticism and feedback as well as enhancing things that we already see as successful. All things that we see are great can be better, which brings me to the last point, be curious and never satisfied.
We should never accept our first ideas and continue brainstorming until it is better. Determination shapes our ambition and we must learn to have both. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment