Wednesday’s class was rather interesting—mostly because of the short clip we watched of Scott McCloud. I will admit that I am not a diehard fan of McCloud, but he is a very interesting person full of knowledge. It would be nice to attend one of his presentations because just by watching this first presentation, I want to see more. The way he uses comedy and leads his audience through his presentation was amazing and still managed to keep my attention. This is the only presentation by him I saw, and for me to say that I want to see more means he did an excellent job because presentations are not my cup of tea.
In the beginning of the class, we went over mind mapping which is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, and tasks. Mind mapping encourages brainstorming to plan and organize tasks. The easiest path for a fresh idea is through an open mind because it is a way to incubate ideas. Having an open mind enables good ideas to get stuff through. I was actually surprised that I understood the entire process of mind mapping.
I have made a few mind maps before, but I never really understood the point of them because they would be linked to some sort of Old English literature or a form of history which just threw me into a confused dimension of words and phrases. Because it was broken down and analyzed piece by piece Wednesday, I was able to grasp the idea and use my creative thoughts to effectively produce a mind map for our exercise of the day.
I found that using this method of brainstorming ideas is something that will be worthwhile and a process that I will be using again sometime in the future. I did enjoy the exercise we did on Wednesday and for once I am actually excited to start my homework.
I don't get it either; I got lose too. I think we have to make a small group, a group that who don't get the assignment, to talk and see what can we do to get the better understand in Jimmy's class.
ReplyDelete