Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blog Post 1

It is the first week of school and my body is not used to this new class schedule. During spring break I would get up at 6:00 a.m. to be at work by 6:45 a.m. with ease, but somehow I just cannot make it through an 8:00 a.m. class without feeling somewhat tired. On Monday morning, I regretted taking concept development at that grueling hour, but somehow I managed to get up and make it to class.
While waiting for class to start, I was pondering about what I will learn this quarter. I am all for learning new ways to create designs and brainstorm ideas; however, I lack the knowledge of how to creatively get from point A to point B without developing something lackluster and humdrum and I am hoping this class will help me with this problem. Just thinking about all the hard work I will have to endure was overwhelming. I felt defeated even before the class started, but I am not a quitter and the thought of failing gave me the ambition to set a goal and thrive in this class.
Instead of moping and whining, I told myself to suck it up and deal with the challenge that lies ahead. Everything I do in this class will benefit me to become a better designer and the criticism/comments of others will only improve my skills. Determination is the key to success, and so far with just one in class assignment, I have learned a lot.
When I was introduced to the first assignment about keeping a blog, I was not too enthusiastic partly because I am not much of a blogger and all of the blogs I have held in the past were put to an end because I lacked the interest of posting my thoughts every so often. I do enjoying writing from time to time, but there is a feeling of discomfort when I publically display my thoughts to others.
Some of my fellow peers may argue that writing is more of a chore rather than a therapeutic pleasure, but I find that writing is a place where one can escape the stress of reality. I for one enjoy writing essays and (dare I say) research papers. There is a profound interest I get from writing academic papers and being able to entice a reader into a whole other world with words is exciting.
Even though I do not say much when it comes to expressing personal thoughts, I plan on challenging myself to become a better writer and speaker. My goals for this class are to obtain an outstanding knowledge of developing concepts and applying the material I learned in this course to other attributions of my career. Let’s see if they’ll be met!

-Andrew Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment