We did an exercise in class on Monday about the importance of listening and how, as designers, we should consult things with the person making the decision as opposed to having things spread around by word of mouth. The exercise was a little frustrating, but after I cleared my mind and just focused on listening, it got a little easier. It’s always fun and interesting to do something interactive in a class rather than being taught at by someone, forcing us to listen to a boring lecture. Any form of interactive learning is something that I wish my other classes would do because I tend to retain information better and it helps with getting messages across.
After the exercise, we watched a presentation by Sir Ken Robinson and his presentation was hilarious, yet informative. Although it was very hard for me to decipher some of the words he said (partly because of his British accent), I was inspired by his quote about how finding our passion changes everything. It really got me thinking about why I got into the graphic design program. I’m not that great when it comes to designs or drawing, but something about the field really interests me.
Robinson also mentions that a degree gets devalued as it gets older and it really got me thinking about the job market after college. I am not sure about what others think, but I’m getting slightly paranoid about what to do after college. The job market is really tough, and finding a job is going to be even harder. As of now, I feel I should take more classes and possibly stay even longer at CSULA to gain more knowledge in another field besides art, even though I’m dreading that option since my main goal is goal is to be finished with school. I do believe, though, it’s time for me to just try not thinking too much about what lies ahead of me and just see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment