In an effort to give us all a different perspective of the class on Monday, we arranged ourselves in order by height. I’ll admit that I am not a huge fan of sitting in the back of the classroom (or any classroom for that matter) because everything in front of me seems smaller, but it definitely is brighter in the back and I could actually see better when I write with natural light. At least I can say I am getting different perspectives of the classroom even though I am not very fond of some of the places I’ve sat in.
Monday’s class provided me with more detail about writing a creative brief which was very helpful. I feel my writing for creative briefs are not yet up to par and I am getting several mixed messages about the style of how some of them are written. The briefs I researched after I did the writing assignment for Monday’s class had a style which one would see in sixth grade papers, where the author would try and communicate to his reader as if they were holding a conversation (i.e. This is what I will be talking about… Here are my ideas…). Other briefs I found had a more professional style and tone, but with two conflicting writing styles, I’m not entirely sure which one to follow.
I feel the conversational brief draws me in a little more than the other, but the lack of elevated vocabulary and style of writing only familiar with a younger generation doesn’t make me take the author or the design seriously. I honestly have no idea why that brief was used as an example, but with more practice I think I will be able to grasp the idea a little better and eventually write creative briefs with ease.
No comments:
Post a Comment